Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Connecting to others

I posted this on my training blog a few weeks ago but I realized that I should post this on here as well because it connects to the rest of the reflections:

I have to say that this class has made me more bold. I am not usually one to try to connect with others. I am more of a passive learner and observer. I am now working on this fear of connection and working towards better understanding in my training techniques. After this week's session in class I was motivated to connect to many more people so I started with online forums.

I found a good one (it seems) and I am starting to participate and connect. The forum is called Dog training and Health Forum. I am just getting started and I will let you know what I think about this and what I can learn from others about training my silly dog. I hope that I can also give some advice from my experiences as well.

I have also started participating in message boards on Animals Planet's "It's Me or the Dog." I am very excited about this because I believe that a lot of these people have similar training ideals as I do. I like the idea of positive training techniques that Victoria Stillwell uses in her training techniques.

I am also using my Twitter account to connect to the outside world. I have started following several different training experts and people in my training world.

No comments:

Post a Comment