Wednesday, February 9, 2011

PLE-Week 1 Reflection

What are your learning goals for this course?

My learning goals for this course is to understand the concept of a PLE even further. I have been doing some research and doing the required reading and I think that I would also really love to collaborate with other students in this class in order to understand further. Another goal that I have for this course is to meet more people that are also participating in this course. I am curious to discuss their views and understanding of the concept and how they could incorporate this idea into their own classroom. I often find myself learning more from others than I do from any personal research that I can do myself. I also enjoy hearing others ideas so that I can incorporate those into a K-12 classroom. Another learning goal that I have for this course is to see a PLE in action in a classroom setting that I could see myself working in. I think I learn very effectively when I have an real life example to follow. I am interested to see this being used in an elementary grade-particularly in an early grade such as Kindergarten, first or second grade. I cannot think of how this would be effective and I would love to see it used.


In what ways are you hoping to connect what you learn here with your own practice?


When I start my internship in the fall and then find my own place in the world of education in a year, I want to incorporate all kinds of technology into my student’s learning experience. I have seen the benefits of using some technology in the elementary schools but I want to take it a step further. I believe that technology can make a student’s learning authentic and meaningful to them. With a PLE, I believe I can make a student’s learning experience better and more effective. I look forward to learning about this concept even further!

No comments:

Post a Comment