Monday, April 26, 2010

Final Exit Slip-Technology's role in teaching and learning-following up from first post:

I agree with some of the things that I started out saying at the beginning of the semester such as the fact that we are in a generation of technological learners. I was naïve at the beginning of the semester when I talked about the different technologies that students use in the classroom. I believe that every student learns differently. When a student comes into your classroom at the beginning of the year it is your job to find that way of learning. One of the ways that you as a teacher can modify instruction is by using different types of technologies. At the beginning of the semester I used a computer and a “Smart Board” as examples of the technologies that students can use. I did not know that by the end of the semester I would find the possibilities are endless. From computer games, to virtual reality, to electronic whiteboards, I have learned a better understanding what is out there to aid my students in succeeding. I have found that the role of technology in teaching and learning is much greater than I believed it to be before. I know now that students are so much more advanced in the use of technology and some of it is even frightening (safety on the internet) and how the students are using this technology. I have changed my specialization for the Master’s program to technology because I believe that the role of technology in teaching and learning can make such a great impact on student’s learning. Technology really has something for everyone, all kinds of learners. I have researched different ways to help students with special needs in my classroom using technology, I have learned from others how to use technology to foster reading and writing skills and so much more. I am fascinated about the use of technology and look forward to learning more in depth about the different technologies available for students.

No comments:

Post a Comment