Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Chapter 9 Reflection

This chapter talks about making learning visual through the use of technology. I first read the chemistry visualizations. I would not use this in my classroom necessarily because it is not appropriate for the age group of students that I am looking to teach. I can see how this could be useful in a high school classroom to help students visualize learning. I always hated chemistry because my teachers did not make it visual or fun. I could see how this could help students understand molecular structures.

On the other hand, I really loved the geography visualization technology. This is more my style when it comes to learning. I like the idea of solving social and environmental problems. I still do not see how this could be helpful in my classroom. I could see how you could use like Google maps for the classroom to show the students actual structures that they have seen or to take the students on a virtual fieldtrip to somewhere new. I think that this could be really fun for the students.

The math visualizations are also too advanced for an elementary classroom. I think that my students would have fun visualizing fractions using different games and simulations.

I could see how digital cameras and phones could be more on the elementary level. I think that most of the students in my classroom will have contact and experience with cameras and phones. I think that students can visualize so much using this technology. I really like the idea of making documentaries and stories with pictures. I think that could be very beneficial for my students. I think that they would enjoy recording their stories with pictures or making different videos. Such as the stop motion animation that we are doing in class. I think that students would really enjoy doing these activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment