Thursday, February 4, 2010

More about Technologies

Today we did our chapter discussion. We had to critique the different things that we did and did not do correctly. It was one of the hardest presentations I have done. It was so intimidating that I had to be aware of the "um's" and "likes." I was so caught up with trying to not say those words that I seemed to say them more.

We also learned a lot about Scratch today. It was very useful because before this class I had no idea how to do this. I tried and did different things over the weekend and I could not figure it out. I now have a better understanding of the programming language.

I have also learned more about different technologies that we can use in the classroom to foster causal reasoning. We learned about Microworlds, virtual worlds, simulations and games. I think that this is a very useful thing to learn about. I did not think of these things as educational or helpful, so it was nice to learn about how it can contribute to meaningful learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment